South America is defined by the Andes mountains, and Mendoza is home to one of the biggest mountains in the world – Aconcagua. Its heights are only surpassed by the Himalayas, and it attracts over 5000 daredevil climbers per year. While we won’t be taking you to the top, this mountain experience gives you a glance up at its towering glory from the base of Aconcagua Park. More than your ordinary sightseeing tour, you’ll want to bring your walking boots as your experienced mountain guide will lead you on a two hour hike through the foothills of the park.
Aconcagua is undoubtedly the big star of the day, but there is plenty more to see in the Andes – including the picturesque Potrerillos dam, the lush valley of Uspallata, and the mysterious Puente del Inca, a natural petrified bridge that was a favourite spot of Charles Darwin. There are plenty of stopping points to enjoy the spectacular views, and you’ll have your eyes glued to the window for the entire journey as we wind through this colourful and memorable mountain range, passing over the deep gorges and passing underneath the local condors who soar through the endless Andean skies.
For this full day out, you’ll need good sustenance which is why we’ll put on a hearty breakfast spread on the way up, and a typical 3-course Argentine lunch on the way back down. If you are coming all the way to Argentina, don’t miss the opportunity to marvel one of the world’s greatest wonders.
- Two hour trek in Aconcagua Park (suited to your fitness levels)
- Park Entrance fee
- Comfortable, air conditioned transport
- Experienced bi-lingual mountain guide
- Breakfast & 3 Course Lunch (with wine)
- Advise ahead of time with any dietary requirements
- Only available September to April (climate depending)
- Visiting Aconcagua Park is a high altitude experience (maximum 3200m above sea-level), it is not recommended if you have any adverse medical conditions, or are pregnant
- Bring suitable mountain clothing – warm layers, and cool layers, suitable walking shoes, a sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat
- This experience includes around 5 – 6 hours driving time (we will drive almost to the border of Chile!)
Price: $140USD per person (min. 2 people)